Saturday, October 10, 2009

Some random things I have learned

  • The babies are almost 3 weeks old and the adrenaline I had has run out.   I am officially sleep deprived.
  • My husband is the greatest…he took 2 feedings last night so I could get some uninterrupted sleep.
  • Babies are supposed to gain an ounce a day.  Thankfully both girls gained enough at their 2 week check-up.
  • Sweet Gameboy got strep throat, and my doc treated him without an appointment.  The good news is babies can’t get strep throat.
  • Child birth has made me a germ-a-phobe…I hate it when any of my babies are sick.
  • Gameboy also told us he did not think soap was necessary when washing his hands.  Yuck!  Hopefully, he has learned his lesson.
  • I asked my mom not to come help this week, because I did not want her to get sick.  I learned I can handle the babies on my own, but I am happy she is coming on Monday to help again.
  • Breastfeeding two babies is hard.  Sydney is still struggling to latch on and Sarah seems hungry all the time.  I was able to nurse them at the same time (just once), but I felt like the baby whisperer. 
  • I really don’t like to pump and I am hoping they can figure breastfeeding out.
  • If you want to lose 40 lbs in two weeks, just try and breastfeed twins.
  • I love the way they smell when they have just had a bath.
  • I often wish I had extra arms and I am thankful  Princess is such a good helper.  She loves to hold them and help out any way she can. 
  • I have learned we have some really great friends who have taken great care of us this week.  I am so thankful for all of our visitors and meals.

IMG_1552 (2)

       Mommy & Sydney                                Mommy & Sarah

Mommy and Sydney   IMG_1553a

No comments:

Post a Comment