Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Smiles

Having twins is so much fun, but I must say it is hard… harder than imagined.  People often ask.  Are you sleeping?  No.  Are they on the same schedule?  No, but I like having alone time with them too. What happens when they both cry?  I play rock paper scissors to see who to help first.  Who is the easier baby?  Depends on the day, but lucky for me they have not been fussy at the same time very often.  How long do they sleep? I can often get a 4 to 5 hour stretch of sleep at night.  Are you breast feeding?  Yes and no.  The girls get 50% formula/breast milk.  When I am able to feed them at the same time, I feel like the baby whisperer.  Not sure how much longer I will breast feed them, but I am taking it one day at a time.  I spend a good portion of my day holding these sweet babies and my house is a wreck!!  I just keep reminding myself how fast this sweet time goes.  Last night was one of those difficult nights.  It seemed like someone was crying all night and I spent most of the night in the recliner or up and down trying to soothe a baby.  Both girls can roll from their tummy to their back.  Last night, Sydney rolled on top of Sarah and luckily Sarah did not wake up.  It was too funny.  I wish I would have snapped a picture.  It was priceless!  I was so exhausted this morning, but I woke up to these sweet smiles and it was all worth it.  IMG_1784 (3)

IMG_1804

So here’s to a good nights sleep.  Maybe tonight is the night.  Sleep well little ones.IMG_1756

No comments:

Post a Comment